Sunday, January 10, 2010

I'm an insomniac


It is 4 am and I simply cannot fall asleep. It makes absolutely no sense, because I'm tired and want to sleep, and yet I was lying there and sleep just did not come. So naturally, I checked my facebook, then my email, then textsfromlastnight. This failed to put me to sleep. Then I was looking at the background on my computer, and it is a picture that I recently took. I really like it, and felt like it simply had to be added to my wonderful photo blog.
Then I got to thinking... plants don't sleep, do they? They just sort of sit there and photosynthesize all the time. And then I imagined being a plant, perhaps a big old redwood, just sitting there for decades and never sleeping. It seems so peaceful, yet at the same time very strange. I should stop thinking so much at four o'clock in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment