Friday, August 27, 2010

Looking Through Old Photographs at 2:36 AM

I think I am naturally nocturnal and am only forced into "normal" sleep patterns by society. I mean why else is it so easy for me to stay up until 3 am, and why do I do my best work in the middle of the night? Sometimes I can't write at all unless I do it at nighttime. And, why else is it so difficult for me to get up in the mornings? Even when I go to sleep early, I still have trouble getting up for those 8 am classes (which I've learned to try to avoid from now on).
Anyway, in my sleepless daze I was looking through some of my old photography, and this shot really caught my eye. It was taken through a moving car window, which made it blur. I think I was just randomly snapping photos to pass the time in the car, and somehow got this shot which has a non-random quality to it. Simply put, I like it.

3 comments:

  1. Peaceful pic. It's got that quiet, natural air to it. Where's it from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was taken on my trip to Yellowstone. So somewhere in the midwest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you, getting to go on that trip, seeing great sights. I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete